Tretinoin and skin discoloration / Hyperpigmentation – Reviews
Your skin may become discolored if a certain skin disorder occurs on it. This disorder can be anything like acne, scar, wrinkle, and eczema. A skin disorder may be caused by bacterial infection and skin cells’ tendency to stick together. Therefore, keeping skin hygiene and applying topical medication that reduces such tendency are two effective methods to make sure that your skin is always free from it. It is also recommended that you use medication that increases cell turnover, allowing your skin cells to heal more quickly. One medication that is proven to be effective in treating skin disorder is Tretinoin Cream. Tretinoin Cream works on your skin by reducing the possibilities of skin cells’ sticking together and improving skin cell turnover. Therefore, it can be a reliable medication to treat your skin discoloration.
What Is tretinoin cream
Tretinoin Cream for discoloration is derived primarily from vitamin A. When applied to the affected skin, it will encourage the skin to heal itself faster by causing the skin cells to turn over faster than normal. It also prevents acne symptoms, such as blackheads and whiteheads, from appearing on the skin. Tretinoin Cream is also believed to be effective in cleaning skin surface from wrinkles.
Directions on how to use tretinoin cream
- As asserted earlier, your skin will remain free from unwanted skin disorders if you keep its surface clean. Therefore, before you apply the cream to your skin, it is highly recommended that you clean your skin using warm water and gentle and non-abrasive cleanser.
- The cream should not be applied immediately after cleaning.
- You have to wait about 20 to 30 minutes while keeping your skin clean before you can apply the cream.
- After 30 minutes passes, you can apply around ½ inches of Tretinoin Cream to the affected skin.
- Rub gently the skin until the cream is absorbed by the skin and until you don’t see the cream anymore.
Tretinoin Cream Safety
Tretinoin Cream is an FDA-approved product that least likely causes harm to your skin. When you apply it to your skin, it will be absorbed by your skin but only a very small portion of it will enter your blood vessels; therefore, the likeliness of this product to interact with other drugs is very little. Be sure to consult your doctor or dermatologist before using this cream, though, because this cream can only be effective in treating your skin disorder if you use it according to doctor’s order. It is also important that you stay away from direct sunlight when using this cream because it makes your skin more sensitive to UV ray.
Possible Side Effects
Despite the cream’s confirmed safety, it may still cause side effects to some people who use it. Some of those side effects, such as irritation and redness, are considered mild and common whereas the others, such as blistering and excessive redness, are considered severe. All side effects that are considered severe rarely occur. Therefore, you can always use this cream without too much fear.